2 June 2020
As per the Queensland Government's Roadmap for easing COVID-19 restrictions the following travel guidelines apply for Tasman Venture tours:
- STAGE 1: NO tours currently operating. We are working on our policies and procedures to assure your safety.
- STAGE 2: Remote Fraser Island Experience tours commence from June 6th for all guests from Queensland.
- STAGE 3: From July 10th, interstate travel might be permitted, subject to review and official announcement from the Queensland Government. Half Day Whale Watching Encounters and Remote Fraser Island and Whale Experience tours commence from July 11th.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have booked a tour throughout our 2020 season and are unable to travel due to the COVID-19 travel restrictions please contact us immediately so we can assist you with rescheduling your dates as per the government guidelines.
We are currently accepting bookings from within Queensland and interstate from July 10th and have a new flexible cancellation and booking policy to allow for any future changes ot the travel restrictions within Queensland and Australia.
NEW FLEXIBLE BOOKING POLICY
As part of our commitment to guests we are implementing a flexible cancellation policy that includes NO fees for cancellation or transfer of travel date indefinitely, and until more information comes to hand, given the unprecedented nature of current circumstances.
If you need to cancel your tour with us, please get in contact with us at your earliest convenience. We also ask that you consider rescheduling your tour or exchange for an open dated gift voucher wherever possible. #supportlocal #dontcancelpostpone
COVID-19 SAFETY UPDATES
The Tasman Venture team are committed to ensuring the safety of all of our passengers and staff during these unprecedented times. During the COVID-19 pandemic we are taking additional steps to make sure everyone can stay healthy and safe. Please do not plan to travel with Tasman Venture within 14 days of arriving from overseas, being diagnosed with COVID-19, feeling unwell, or having been in close contact with a diagnosed case of COVID-19.
We have implemented a COVID SAFE Plan across all tours for our business operations, and all team members have completed the COVID SAFE Training programs. The Australian Government is recommending that anyone participating in non-essential travel activities should download the COVIDSafe App. We encourage all passengers to complete this download prior to travelling with us for your own and others safety.
Tasman Venture is following the below procedures across all experience delivery:
- Cleaning & Sanitation: We have intensified our hygiene and sanitation protocols with the use of hospital grade disinfectant for regular cleaning of all high-touch surfaces and areas. Touch free hand soap and hand sanitiser dispensers are available for passengers use throughout our vessels.
-Business Operations: We have analysed and modified our operations in line with the current industry best practice to restrict contact of staff and passengers and adapting service protocols where necessary.
- Training & Response Plan: All staff have completed COVID Safe training and comprehensive team and procedural training to assure their own and our guests' safety. We have a stringent plan in place for all COVID-19 scenarios in accordance with the Queensland Tourism Industry Plan.
We have worked hard to ensure that our tours deliver the same high quality experiences and that all inclusions remain the same, there have been some modifications to the way we deliver our services to comply with the COVID guidelines to ensure that everyone has a safe and memorable experience.
What are we doing to minimise the risk of COVID-19?
- To comply with the social distancing rules specific for COVID 19 you will notice that we have implemented maximum passenger numbers for each of the spaces around the vessel. These maximum numbers are identified by posters in each of these areas. Additionally, during the whale watching season, whale watching viewing circle dots will be marked around the decks. These dots will be spaced a minimum of 1.5m apart to assist with social distancing.
- Maximum passengers' numbers have been calculated to ensure that all passengers are able to safely social distance at all time including during inclement weather conditions.
- Passengers will be asked to use our hand sanitiser station when boarding the vessel. Additionally, other hand sanitiser stations are set up at key entry and exit points of the vessel and you will be encouraged to use these throughout the tour.
- Automatic hand soap dispensers and paper towel facilities are available in the toilet and to be used after visiting the toilet. Handwashing and hygiene signs will be displayed in the toilets and sanitiser stations.
- To comply with the Restaurant and Catering Best Practices COVID-19 guidelines our meal services will now be served as a plated meal (with all of the same delicious options as before) on biodegradable plates and with disposable cutlery. Staff will wear PPE when preparing and serving all meals.
- Where possible all payments will be cashless. Our staff are happy to create a running tab for you and your travel group to minimize the number of transactions you need to make during your tour. Your total can be settled during the return journey.
What can you do to minimise the risk?
Practicing good hand and sneeze/cough hygiene is the best way to minimise the risk from COVID-19. You should:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, before and after eating, and after going to the toilet.
- Cover your cough and sneeze, dispose of tissues, and use alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- Avoid close contact with others especially when unwell. If unwell consider deferring travel and seek healthcare advice.
- Stay more than 1.5 meters from people wherever possible
If you are feeling unwell or want more information on the recommended personal control measures visit www.health.gov.au
We thank you for your understanding and continued support during these difficult times.
Contact our friendly team on 07 4124 3222 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tasman Venture Owners and Operators
Stay Safe and Kind Regards,
Lloyd and Robyn Burgess
We will get through this!