September 21, 2022
NEW TOURISM EXPERIENCE COVID TRAVEL GUIDELINES
UPDATED 21st SEPTEMBER 2022
As per the Queensland Government's Public Health Measures the following travel guidelines apply for Tasman Venture Tours:
- Following the latest update from the Queensland Government tour operations will be open to all guests effective from 1am on the 14th April, and a double vaccination status will no longer be required.
- Following the latest update from the Queensland Government effective from 1am on the 21st September, face masks are no longer needed for travel on public transport or share ride vehicles.
We recommend checking to see the latest Government updates prior to commencing travel.
FLEXIBLE BOOKING POLICY
No Fees + Free Cancellation and Date Transfer for Selected Tours NO fees for cancellation or transfer of travel date indefinitely if there are current government travel restrictions that cause you to not be able to travel, given the unprecedented nature of current circumstances. This applies to Tasman Ventured-owned tours including the Remote Fraser Island Experience, Half Day Whale Watching Encounter and Remote Fraser Island and Whales Experience.
If you need to cancel your tour with us, please get in contact with us at your earliest convenience. We also ask that you consider rescheduling your tour or exchange for an open dated gift voucher wherever possible.
Packages While we will do our best to accommodate for any changed travel plans, cancellation fees may apply to our packaged tours. Our packages are created in partnership with other operators, who may not be able to offer the same flexible booking policy. Please contact us if you have any questions or need to discuss a booking.
COVID-19 SAFETY UPDATES
For the most up to date information please visit the Queensland Government website.
The Tasman Venture team are committed to ensuring the safety of all of our passengers and staff during these unprecedented times. During the COVID-19 pandemic we are taking additional steps to make sure everyone can stay healthy and safe.
We have implemented a COVID SAFE Plan across all tours for our business operations, and all team members have completed the COVID SAFE Training programs.
Tasman Venture is following the below procedures across all experience delivery:
- Cleaning & Sanitation: We have intensified our hygiene and sanitation protocols with the use of hospital grade disinfectant for regular cleaning of all high-touch surfaces and areas. Touch free hand soap and hand sanitiser dispensers are available for passengers use throughout our vessels.
-Business Operations: We have analysed and modified our operations in line with the current industry best practice to restrict contact of staff and passengers and adapting service protocols where necessary.
- Training & Response Plan: All staff have completed COVID Safe training and comprehensive team and procedural training to assure their own and our guests' safety. We have a stringent plan in place for all COVID-19 scenarios in accordance with the Queensland Tourism Industry Plan.
We have worked hard to ensure that our tours deliver the same high quality experiences and that all inclusions remain the same, there have been some modifications to the way we deliver our services to comply with the COVID guidelines to ensure that everyone has a safe and memorable experience.
What are we doing to minimise the risk of COVID-19?
- Maximum passengers' numbers have been calculated to ensure that all passengers are able to safely social distance at all time including during inclement weather conditions.
- Passengers will be asked to use our hand sanitiser station when boarding the vessel. Additionally, other hand sanitiser stations are set up at key entry and exit points of the vessel and you will be encouraged to use these throughout the tour.
- Automatic hand soap dispensers and paper towel facilities are available in the toilet and to be used after visiting the toilet. Handwashing and hygiene signs will be displayed in the toilets and sanitiser stations.
- Where possible all payments will be cashless. Our staff are happy to create a running tab for you and your travel group to minimize the number of transactions you need to make during your tour. Your total can be settled during the return journey.
What can you do to minimise the risk?
Practicing good hand and sneeze/cough hygiene is the best way to minimise the risk from COVID-19. You should:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, before and after eating, and after going to the toilet. - Cover your cough and sneeze, dispose of tissues, and use alcohol-based hand sanitiser. - Avoid close contact with others especially when unwell. If unwell consider deferring travel and seek healthcare advice. - Stay more than 1.5 meters from people wherever possible
If you are feeling unwell or want more information on the recommended personal control measures visit www.health.gov.au
We thank you for your understanding and continued support during these difficult times.
Contact our friendly team on 07 4124 3222 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tasman Venture Owners and Operators
Stay Safe and Kind Regards, Lloyd and Robyn Burgess