Half Day Whale Watching Encounter
Whale tours will start again in July 2021
Tasman Venture’s half-day whale watch encounters depart twice daily from the Hervey Bay Marina.
Passengers enjoy a tranquil cruise through the Great Sandy Strait, along the remote pristine western side of World Heritage listed Fraser Island to Australia’s ultimate humpback whale playground.
Our fast and luxurious catamaran enables you to travel to the whale watching grounds in the fastest possible time. This means more time with the whales for an unforgettable tour in the whale watch capital of the world.
Be on the lookout for Humpback whales and experience the thrill of getting up close and personal with these majestic creatures as they frolic in the calm, clear waters off Fraser Island. Immerse yourself with these gentle giants from our purpose designed vessel’s large decks, including our famous water level viewing platform and our underwater viewing windows.
Hervey Bay is where the whales come to stay and play. Our specifically designed vessel has large decks, including our famous water level viewing platform, offering unobstructed whale watching of these gentle giants of the sea.
- Daily departures from mid July to late October
- Great Sandy Straits Marina, Buccaneer Drive
- Morning tour 8:30am – 12:30pm
- Afternoon tour 1:30pm – 5:30pm
- Guaranteed sightings
- Underwater viewing windows
- Water level viewing platform
- Free documentary DVD
- Two trips daily
- Experienced crew
- Free WIFI
- Delicious morning or afternoon tea plus antipasti platter on return cruise
- Fully licensed
- Kids corner
- Luxurious, fast & air-conditioned
- Locally owned & operated
- Free courtesy transfers (Hervey Bay area)
Sunglasses & Hat
Check out our Whale Tour Packages