Island Escapes Private Charter
Looking for an unforgettable group holiday on the stunning Fraser Coast and Southern Great Barrier Reef?
Look no further than a Tasman Venture Island Escape; a customisable, all-inclusive group holiday experience on your own fully crewed private catamaran.
Cruise the west coast of K'gari (formerly Fraser Island) and discover the underwater wonders of the Great Barrier Reef in the comfort and safety of your own private charter. Our experienced crew will create a flexible itinerary tailored to the needs of your group. This allows you to choose the destinations, activities, and the length of your trip.
Guided Island walks, cruising, swimming, snorkelling, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, thrill-seeking tube rides, beach hopping, and wildlife spotting are many of the activities that you can include for your ultimate adventure.
Or, move at a leisurely pace. Read a book in the shallows of Lady Elliot Island, relax in the onboard lounge areas with friends, and enjoy the food and drink service as we sail through some of Queensland's most pristine island scenery.
Ready to book your own private Island Escape?
Let us know about your requirements and we'll make sure you'll have an unforgettable holiday.
Choose from one, two, three or more days to cruise and explore World Heritage listed K'gari and the calm, protected waters of the Fraser Coast with your friends and family. Extend your stay to two or more nights to explore the southern Great Barrier Reef on a private charter cruising adventure. The Tasman Venture offers spacious, air-conditioned comfort for up to 40 passengers for day tours and up to 12 passengers for overnight escapes.
- A tailored itinerary designed just for you - choose 1, 2, 3 or more days/nights.
- The perfect getaway to World Heritage listed K'gari and the Great Barrier Reef.
- Our Island Escapes Private Charters are ideal for friends, family groups or an extended family get-together including grandparents and grandchildren.
- Capture beautiful Fraser Island sunset memories with your family and friends onboard our award winning catamaran.
- Fully crewed catamaran to cruise, snorkel, kayak and explore the top destinations in the Fraser Coast.
- A 20m liveaboard catamaran offering lots of space for everyone to enjoy.
- Guided activities
- Air-conditioned vessel
- Freshly prepared gourmet meals inclusive of breakfast, lunch, dinner, morning and afternoon tea (all dietary needs catered for upon request)
- Small group size (up to 12 passengers for overnight escapes and up to 40 for day escapes)
- Drinking water
- Exclusive private use of the vessel and Amphibious Watercraft tender
- Professional, experienced local skipper and host
- Snorkelling tuition
- All activity equipment provided for your private use including kayaks, stand up paddle boards, inflatable tube, snorkelling equipment, wetsuits, stinger suits, and lifejackets
- Linen including bath towels
Our spacious, 20 metre catamaran is purpose built to travel in open water conditions with exceptional stability while offering style, comfort, safety and privacy for guests.
She is equipped with:
- Air-conditioned cabins with 6 double beds and 6 singles
- 3 shared bathroom facilities with hot water showers
- An air-conditioned saloon and lounge area in the centre of the vessel
- Spacious foredeck, ideal for sunbathing
- Upper and lower back deck with shaded area, perfect for relaxing out of the sun and for alfresco dining
- Rear water-level platform perfect for safe entry to the water for snorkelling activities
As you will be on a boat it’s always best to pack as lightly as possible for storage purposes, so we suggest you will only need the following:
- A day bag for beach visits
- Clothing for the duration of the tour
- A light jacket for cooler evenings
- A beach towel (bath towels will be provided)
- Hat and sunglasses
- Camera or phone to capture all of your memories
- A book, music player or tablet (there are power points available onboard)
- Drinks packages available on request
- Diving and snorkel tours arranged with Lady Elliot Island Resort at additional cost
- BYO fishing gear - inclusive of rods, tackle and bait - for overnight charters only. Some fishing rods may be available by prior request.
Flexible Group Holiday Itineraries
We design our Island Escape cruise itineraries around your needs! You’re free to enjoy as much action-packed or relaxing activities as you desire, whether that be:
- Snorkelling in stunning marine locations including the beaches of K'gari, tranquil freshwater creeks and Lady Elliot Island on the Great Barrier Reef
- Swimming with turtles and manta rays off Lady Elliot Island (Seasonal)
- Sunbathing on pristine and secluded white sandy beaches of K'gari
- Kayaking on the crystal clear freshwater creeks of K'gari
- Taking a thrill-seeking tube ride behind our amphibious watercraft
- Or simply relaxing on board and spotting turtles and tropical fish from the shaded back deck
Island Escape Locations
Our private catamaran has exclusive access to remote beach locations on K'gari. These secluded areas are unable to be accessed by other tour operators and are difficult to reach via land access.
For Island Escape bookings of 2 nights or more, we are also able to take your group to Lady Elliot Island located on the Southern Great Barrier Reef.
Have another island in mind, or wish to extend to a longer escape? Please get in touch and we would be happy to discuss your ideas and organise a quote for you.
More information about our Island Escape locations:
Frequently Asked Questions
Earlybird offer for VIPs
Sign up to become a Tasman Venture VIP (it's free) and receive occasional updates.
VIP bookings for 2021 will receive a welcome hamper worth $200.