Lady Elliot Island + Whale Watching Encounter Package
Experience two great natural wonders—whale watching in Hervey Bay and Lady Elliot Island—on World Heritage listed Great Barrier Reef.
This package include the ultimate half-day whale watching cruise with Tasman Venture Hervey Bay and a full Lady Elliot Island day tour.
Half Day Whale Watch Encounter Cruise
The half day whale watch cruise from Hervey Bay allows you to get closer the majestic humpbacks than you ever have before.
Lady Elliot Island
Our island day packages give you ample time to snorkel in crystal clear waters with an abundance of marine life on the spectacular Great Barrier Reef. The lagoon is the perfect place for a spot of reef walking and fish feeding, while the island’s surrounding reef right off the beach offers amazing visibility year round and is a snorkeler’s dream.
The Great Barrier Reef is one of the world’s natural wonders, so make sure you visit this unsurpassed coral eco-system and combine it with a half day Hervey Bay whale watching cruise.
Your Half Day Whale Watching Encounter Tour Includes:
- Guaranteed sightings
- Underwater viewing windows
- Water level viewing platform
- Free documentary DVD
- Two trips daily
- Experienced crew
- Free WIFI
- Delicious morning or afternoon tea plus antipasti platter on return cruise
- Fully licensed
- Kids corner
- Luxurious, fast & air-conditioned
- Locally owned & operated
- Free transfer from your Hervey Bay Accommodation
- Morning Whale Watch - 8:30am to 12:30pm
- Afternoon Whale Watch - 1:30pm to 5:30pm
- Cruise times are subject to change as we are well known for having "one last look" and this can mean a later return on our cruises.
- Twice daily departures from mid July to end of October
- Great Sandy Straits Marina, Buccaneer Drive
Your Day Trip To Lady Elliot Island Includes:
- Return scenic flight to the island (approx. 40 mins*)
- Welcome drink/orientation tour
- Glass bottom boat/guided snorkel tour
- Snorkel equipment (mask, snorkel & fins)
- Hot & cold buffet lunch
- Afternoon guided activity/tour
- Towels, sunscreen, snorkel equipment and reef walking shoes provided
- Use of day guest facilities
- Departs Hervey Bay approx. 8:10am
- Arrives Lady Elliot Island approx. 8:50am
* Check in at the Lady Elliot Island counter - Hervey Bay Airport 30 minutes prior to your departing flight
- Departs Lady Elliot Island approx. 4:00pm
- Arrives Hervey Bay approx. 4:40pm
What to bring on your tour
- Swimsuit, comfortable walking shoes/crocs, hat, sunscreen and camera
- Reef walking shoes/crocs are highly recommended, if you do not have any we have some on the Island for guests to borrow
- Lockers available for hire
- All activities are subject to weather and tide conditions
Terms and Conditions
- 100% cancellation fee applies if the booking is cancelled after 4.00pm the day prior to travel.
- 50% cancellation fee applies if the booking is cancelled before 4.00pm the day prior to travel.
- Day guests, please be aware that Lady Elliot Island cannot be responsible for the weather. Should weather conditions result in cancellation of the tour, you will be able to transfer your trip to another date at no additional cost. If your travel plans do not allow you to postpone, a full refund will be issued. Please note that weather conditions may vary whilst on the Island and result in cancellation of water activities.
- Once the day trip has commenced no refund will be issued.
***Travel insurance is strongly recommended to cover unforeseen circumstances***